Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thai Curry Night with friends


I remember the first time I had a delicious Thai curry, was a summer in Berkeley. It was the first time I discovered pineapple and red duck curry, and I have not been able to top that wonderful Thai dining experience yet- eating a spicy fragrant red curry, while enjoying the summer Californian breeze, sitting on a second floor patio, surrounded by trees situated in a cute neighborhood.
A part of our Thanksgiving fun was to cook a remaining ( half ) duck, and since I happen to have some golden delicious pineapple in the fridge, I decided to invite some friends over and make red curry. While the poultry and grocery ingredients were fresh, I cheated and used a store-bought packett of red curry. This small packett of dense flavors made my life so much easier. Also, making one - pot dishes makes me so happy, because there's a lot less cleaning/washing to do....

Hsinmei and her hubby came over, and she baked fresh amaretto cookies. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment